Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Movie Review: Rise of the Guardians



Rise of the Guardians
Yesterday I went to see "Rise of the Guardians" at the theater and loved it. I fell immediately in love with the main character, Jack Frost. Of course, the animation was a glory to behold. Every scene I wanted to just pause and take in all of the richly designed animation. The beauty of this animation was just breathtaking. Rise of the Guardians was purely fine art.
     The action was fun and fast paced, with plenty of dazzle and excitement. The characters where original with great design- not a single flunk character. The humor was fairly good- not side splitting but enjoyable. As an added relief, none of the funny parts were crude or inappropriate.
     This is a great movie for all ages, I went with my family, and all of us teen kids enjoyed it along with our parents. The target audience for this CGI cartoon was probably far younger than teens, but when watching it the only thing that reminded me that I (as a college student) wasn't the target  audience was the fact that there was absolutely nothing inappropriate the. Entire length of the film. Well, technically the Easter Bunny did use the "bloody" as an expression, if you count that as swearing. But give the bunny a break, he's Australian.
     In the movie, The symbolism of the "Man In the Moon" as a God-like figure came across effectively without getting too specific or wacko, as much religious symbolism in movies tend to do. As a matter of fact, I personally found that the ideas expressed were meaningful, universally relevant, and Biblically sound. Two of the main themes of the movie were having faith and finding your purpose. I completely sympathized with Jack Frost's internal dilemma of finding his purpose. Another great component of the movie was that Jack spoke to and believed in the Man In the Moon even though he didn't speak back. There are some rather memorable lines in the movie, but I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet.
     I left the theater with that quiet, melancholy feeling that I always get after seeing a meaningful motion picture. I definitely recommend that you watch this movie with your entire family.

Criteria      1-10
Creative Characters: 9
Excitement: 8
Plot: 7
Interest: 9
Emotional Involvement: 7
Mature Content: 0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to check "notify me" to get notification of replies!